Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Giving Up - Not an Option

Have you every just wanted to give up? Give in to what others believe and toss your own thoughts or beliefs out the window? Today I felt like crap and the worst of it all, I am soley responsible for how I felt. Tonight the Pastor continued his teaching on James and tonight was all about controlling our tongue, how it can be used for good or for destruction. I've been working hard on trying not to give into "knee jerk" reactions, be quiet listen and then speak. It's really quite simple but not that simple to do because of the human nature of external forces. That's a test that if not prepared for can really cause a lot of grief for all involved.

So here I am, at a crossroad, should I go this way or that way? David came to a crossroad, and took a wrong path and suffered the consequences for his choice. and he was a man after God's own heart. So what's the difference between David and I? I love God with all my heart, sole and mind. I do my best to love others as I love myself and put the needs of others before my own. So then this should be simple, right?

Well I guess we shall see in the next coming days. all I know and cam be assured of, is that I won't be alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment